Thank you for your interest in hosting your Wedding Ceremony at the War Memorial Chapel and Pylons!
Please review the information listed below for more information about hosting your wedding ceremony at Virginia Tech. More detailed information can be found in our information packet below.
Weddings are scheduled year-round on Saturdays and Sundays, although we will consider other days. A minimum two-hour period is reserved for the wedding date and rehearsals are scheduled for a one-hour period on Friday and Saturday evenings prior to the wedding. Some weekends are reserved strictly for university, please call ahead to confirm these weekends.
Disclaimer: University and student activities are a priority and scheduling of War Memorial Chapel is subject to change throughout the year. We will do our best to inform you of any University event that may coincide with your wedding date or place unusual demands upon the Chapel's appearance or accessibility. Though highly unlikely, unusual circumstances may disrupt reservations made months or even a year in advance.
One member of the couple getting married must be either:
- A current Virginia Tech Student, Faculty or Staff member.
- An Alumnus or Retiree of Virginia Tech.
- Parent/Grandparent of the couple is currently affiliated/retiree/alumni of Virginia Tech.
Note: The use of War Memorial Chapel is strictly for wedding ceremonies, and we do not allow wedding receptions to take place in any Student Engagement and Campus Life managed venue.
Weddings are unable to occur during the following periods annually:
- April 1 - May 31
- August 1 - September 30
- Any Virginia Tech home football game weekend (Thursday-Sunday)
- Any day where there is a large Virginia Tech event occurring (i.e., Homecoming, Admissions Weekends, etc.)
- Any Virginia Tech observed holidays and closures
Current Booking Periods
- We are currently accepting reservation requests for ceremonies occurring on or before July 31, 2024.
- Please fill out the War Memorial Chapel and Court (Pylons) Wedding Ceremony Request Form to start the reservations process.
Future Booking Periods
- Requests occurring October 1, 2024, through July 30, 2025, will open sometime in May 2024.
- Requests for October 1, 2025, and beyond will open at date to be determined.
- If you are interested in placing your name on our waitlist, please fill out the Wedding Waitlist form. We will get back to you when we are able to make reservations for your requested dates.
Please note: Additional forms might be needed to complete your reservation. Those forms can be found in our Forms and Guidelines section.