New Features and Highlights
GobblerConnect has a new look! Check out the information below for information and tips on how to best navigate the new site. Same great features, new streamlined look.
Two new icons are located in the top right corner of the homepage.
- The 9 square “Waffle” icon leads you to explore the wide variety of organizations, events, and activities at Virginia Tech.
- The circle icon with your initial or uploaded image in it, allows you access your personal involvement content.
Top Bar Navigation
- Want to find out what is happening on campus? Now it is easier than ever before.
- You can explore upcoming events by date, theme, category, or perks. So remember to include these filters when you submit your event.
- This is our central place to find out what organizations are doing on campus.
- Want to find a new organization to join? Interested in seeing what opportunities are out there? Start at our “Organizations” Tab.
- Search by keyword, phrase, or category to find an organization.
- Find out what is happening on campus and within student organizations by checking out the exciting News Articles.
- Any organization can write and submit a News Article. It is a great way to share what is happening within your organization.
The Explore page is the new home page. It is designed to be a discovery oriented experience. Here you can search for events, organizations to join, and articles posted by fellow Hokies. You can also begin the process of creating a new Registered Student Organization or register a current organization for the upcoming academic year.
- My Memberships: From here you can access all of the organizations you are a part of. Feel free to click on any organization and you’ll be directed to their page.
- Upcoming Events: You can explore upcoming events by date, theme, category, or perks. So remember to include these filters when you submit your event!
- Latest News: Be sure to check out recent News Articles about exciting opportunities and ways to get engaged.
- Campus Links: Links to important campus sites can now be found at the bottom of the page such as event and student organizations policies, Budget Board Request forms, business profile, and Gobblerfest information.
The Manage button will take you to the Action Center where you can view details of all of the organizations you are involved in. You can access this page by clicking on the "Waffle" button in the top right hand corner. Here is where you will manage your organization's content and review any submissions.
Managing Your Organizations
- Once on your organization page, you will see a menu icon appear in the top left corner of the page next to the organization’s name.
- This vertical slide menu allows you to manage organization information, submit requests, and register your organization for the academic year and more.
- Vertical slide menus were created to enhance navigation, separate individual tasks from organizational tasks, and allow the site to be mobile friendly.
- This menu used to appear across the top of the organization's page.
If you are a student leader and you need to register or re-register a student organization, please follow these simple steps.
- Go to the “Action Center” (Waffle > Manage)
- Click on the icon in the middle of the page that says, REGISTER AN ORGANIZATION
- You will see a list of organizations on the left-hand side of the page.
- In order to find your organization, type in the FULL NAME of your organization. Abbreviations will not work. (For example: type in Student Government Association not SGA).
- If you need to re-register, you will see a button that says RE-REGISTER, next to your organization. Click on that to start the Re-Registration process.
- If you need to register a new organization, click the button REGISTER A NEW ORGANIZATION.
- Remember, each organization is REQUIRED to attend a registration workshop.
- To find a list of times offered, please see this site.
- If you already attended a registration workshop, but have yet to go through the registration process, we strongly encourage you to join us for the second-half of one of our remaining workshops, as registration has changed.
Have a question? Need assistance with GobblerConnect? Email firstname.lastname@example.org