How to Host Accessible Meetings and Events Workshop
Please join Student Engagement and Campus Life as we hear from Mike Kutnak with the Office for Equity and Accessibility on the topic How to Host Accessible Meetings and Events.
- Wednesday, June 27
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Torgersen Hall, Room 1020
This workshop provides an in-depth training on physical access considerations in event planning. This session will provide information on accessibility considerations relevant to meetings and events of all sizes, from one-on-one student meetings to large scale events such as commencement.
- Why must our events be accessible
- Considerations for accessible meetings and events
- Accessible room configurations
- Accessible meetings content
Please RSVP through GobblerConnect.
If you are a person with a disability and wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in any the workshops or trainings, contact Michael Kutnak at 540-231-2010 between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at least 10 days prior to the scheduled date of the program. Please contact Emily Mawyer at email@example.com with questions.
Student Engagement and Campus Life is Hiring!
We are looking for smart, dedicated students to join our team. Working with SECL allows student employees opportunities to learn customer service, critical thinking, teamwork, organization and planning, and helping a large department to fulfill its mission of creating a vibrant campus culture through engagement and involvement. Please send all candidates to the SECL Pool unless otherwise noted.
- Graduate Life Center (GLC) operations (positions open to graduate students only)
- Virginia Tech Off-Campus Housing (VTOCH) Summer and Fall positions
- BreakZONE Summer and Fall positions
- Production Services (ongoing positions)
- Chapel Intern (individual post)
- Student Engagement Ambassadors (individual post)