The Source is the one-stop-shop for all student organizations! In The Source (located in the Breakzone) student organization members are able to work on a variety of DIY projects like painted banners, balloon arrangements, and buttons and stickers to promote your organization. Our space is available to student organization members on a first-come, first-serve basis for committee meetings or to ask our informed staff about student organization best practices and resources.
Not Sure How to Start Your Involvement Journey?
Students who aren't quite sure where to start can lean on our Engagement Ambassadors who would love to talk you through the possibilities. Simply submit a questionnaire about your interests and goals on GobblerConnect and we'll connect you with a student to recommend opportunities and discuss the process for getting involved in a student organization or other opportunities.
The Source is open for normal hours when classes are in session during the fall and spring semester, and is closed over breaks, on holidays, and on the weekends.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday & Wednesday 1-7 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday 2-8 pm
- Friday 12-5 pm.
Our Engagement Ambassadors are available to meet with you in The Source to talk through a variety of student organization related topics, including but not limited to:
- Constitutions and Governing Documents
- Conflict Management
- Mission and Purpose Clarification
- Brainstorming Member Engagement Strategies
To book an appointment with an Engagement Ambassador, please head to our Bookings page.
The Source offers the following resources and services:
- Multi-functional meeting space for small committees or executive board meetings, with access to a shared screen and white boards
- Computer stations for working on designs for logos and posters
- Banner creation station
- Die-cut machine to cut our shapes and letters for projects
- 3 sizes of button makers (designs should be sent to email@example.com and we’ll print them on a template for you)
- Helium balloon station
- If you have any thoughts or suggestions on items we can provide for student organizations, let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas.
We welcome any student organization member to visit The Source to ask questions or use the space for student organization purposes. Here’s what you need to know about using our stations and services:
- Each student organization has 1000 points to use on products like buttons, banner paper, and balloons. Check the Student Organization Points Menu below!
- In order to use the points the visitor MUST be listed as an executive board member on GobblerConnect or have the written permission of an executive board member to use the organization’s point balance.
- The Source will send regular communication about point balances for your organization to your primary contact.
- You cannot purchase more points or additional copies. We do offer promotions regularly to earn more points through social media contests and workshop incentives – follow us on Instagram and read the biweekly Student Organization Updates email to stay informed!
The Source will be offering free, small format printing for student organizations. All student organizations will have the ability to print up to 100 copies in The Source each semester, regardless of color, double-sided printing, etc. We will track your printing allocation balance similarly to how we track your point balance. Once you have used your print allocation, you will not be able to pay for additional copies in The Source.
To request a print job from The Source, you should send us an email with the following information:
- Student Organization Name
- Number of copies requested
- Black & White or Color printing preference, Single or Double sided if applicable
- Date needed
- Attach the file you’d like printed
We plan to have print jobs available for same-day pickup, but encourage groups to plan ahead especially during busy seasons like Gobblerfest. We will email you when your print job is complete. Once we have printed your copies, they will be deducted from your printing balance even if you fail to pick them up in a timely manner.
Print jobs requested for The Source must be directly tied to your student organization operations and mission. Misuse of your printing allocation for personal purposes may result in your organization temporarily loosing access to this service.
The Source offers card scanners for you to use to check-in attendees at your events, so you can spend less time deciphering handwritten sign in sheets and more time effectively following up with your participants!
If you’d like to request a card scanner, please email The Source at email@example.com with the date and time of your event, number of scanners needed, if you’ll be using a Mac or PC, and the name of your organization. We will email you back to confirm a time to pick-up and drop-off the device, along with instructions for how to use it with GobblerConnect.
The Source also offers others items like spinning prize wheels, banner hangers for tabling, and ice breaker activities. Stop by to learn more about the items you can rent for free from The Source!
Failure to return rented items in a timely manner, as agreed upon when reserving items, may result in your organization’s temporary loss of access to this service.
The Engagement Ambassadors are our team of trained student staff members who can assist you in using resources in The Source, refer you to resources, and help you find opportunities to get involved.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we post all open positions on Handshake. We typically hire in the spring for the upcoming academic year.