Student Engagement and Campus Life offers students the opportunity to work in a team-oriented environment. We take pride in our customer experience and welcome students interested in helping us execute our mission through event planning, facility operations, event production, retail, the arts, and supporting off-campus students.
Our student employees are treated and valued as key members of our team. Working with us affords students experience with office management, client experience, programming, systems management, teamwork, and more.
A Student Engagement and Campus Life student employee has a choice of working at 4 locations and 14 different offices on campus: Squires Student Center, the Graduate Life Center, the War Memorial Chapel, and Johnston Student Center. The hours are flexible as we value that our employees are students first.
Student Engagement and Campus Life offers a competitive starting wage. Opportunities for promotion and growth are available.
To apply for a job with Student Engagement and Campus LIfe, submit an electronic application under the Student Engagement and Campus Life "VT Student" pool. If you have questions about you may contact Natalie Langowsky at firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-231-0625 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation. If you have a disability and desire accommodations, contact Human Resources, 540-231-4063 or 711 for individuals with speech or hearing limitations.
Virginia Tech is looking to hire dynamic and diverse candidates to fill a variety of student positions. Apply now and start your future today.
- Gather all documents needed to complete the application process before starting. Suggested information includes your complete education history, references, employment information, and any electronic documents you plan to attach to your application.
- Go to the Jobs at VT website and notice the "Search Open Positions" section in the right side bar. Select "All Jobs" from the list and then select the orange box labeled Student.
- Select "Student Engagement and Campus Life "VT Student" Pool" from the search results list.
- Select the link "view" located under the job title to review the job description and select "Apply For This Posting" if you wish to apply for the position. If you already had an application on file you will be asked to login before you can proceed.
- If you are a new user, select "Create Application" on the left side and complete your electronic application. Your application will be stored in a secure environment and will be accessible for future job interests.
Note: The more information you provide on your application, the easier it will be to effectively evaluate your skills, abilities, and qualifications. Attaching a resume does not substitute for completing the application form (both must be completed to be considered for employment).
- Managing Your Application: When creating your application, you must choose a unique user name and password. Use this log-in to view the status of your application, update applications, or withdraw from consideration. Once you submit an application you will receive a confirmation number and you will not be able to make further changes to your application for that position.
If you have questions about student employment, email email@example.com or call Human Resources at 540-231-0625 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation. Individuals desiring accommodations in the application process are requested to call Virginia Tech Personnel Services at 540-231-5301, or 711 for individuals with hearing or speech limitations.