Spring Concert FAQ
This page is intended to answer some frequently asked questions about the Spring Concert 2023 as well as recent changes to the ticket sales process.
General Show Questions
Who is performing for the Spring Concert 2023?
- City Girls featuring joony.
When is the show?
- The concert will take place on Tuesday, March 21 in Burruss Auditorium. Doors open at 7 p.m., joony performs at 8 p.m. and City Girls take the stage at 9 pm.
Who is sponsoring the show?
- The Virginia Tech Union (VTU) and Black Student Alliance (BSA) are co-sponsoring the Spring Concert featuring City Girls with joony.
Will I need to bring my Hokie Passport to get into the show?
- Yes, every ticket holder must have their Hokie Passport with them the night of the show.
Ticket Sales Questions
Why is VT selling the City Girls show in person only?
- Due to the security breach with Audience View-Campus, we do not currently have an online platform to sell tickets to non-Athletics and non-Moss Arts Center events. SECL is committed to the student experience and created a way for sales to go on, albeit in person as opposed to online so that spring ticketed events could continue.
Who made this decision?
- A number of administrators across multiple units made the decision to cease ticket sales with Audience View-Campus to best protect the institution and our community.
When will ticket sales begin?
- Ticket sales will begin at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14 in Breakzone (Squires, First Floor). Ticket sales will end at 5 pm, or when all tickets are sold, whichever comes first.
What can I expect at ticket sales?
- Ticket sales will take place in the Breakzone. There will be directional signage throughout Breakzone and the first floor of Squires to help guide you. Additionally, members of VTU, BSA and Student Engagement and Campus Life will be giving directions and answering questions throughout the ticket sales duration.
- As the line grows, it will come out of Breakzone and down the first floor Squires corridor, past the Cultural Centers and out the Henderson Entrance doors, moving up the sidewalk as needed.
- There will be three stations serving ticket purchasers throughout the sales period.
What can I do to plan ahead?
- Bring your Hokie Passport with you. You must have your Hokie P to purchase tickets (you can purchase up to four tickets for current students)
- Bring either a Visa or Mastercard for payment.
- Know if you’d like lower-level seats ($20) or upper-level seats ($12)
- Bring a snack and be patient–we’re excited to help you, but it will take some time.
General Ticket Questions
Are refunds available for tickets?
- No, all sales are final.
If I lose my ticket between now and the show, can I get a new ticket?
- No, there can be no reissue of tickets, so put them somewhere safe!