New to Squires, The Source, is the premier one stop shop for all student organizations! In The Source (located in the BreakZone) student organization members are able to make advertisement and announcement banners, create colorful balloon arrangements, host committee meetings, practice for presentations, access the complete Adobe Creative Suite, and receive discounted printing—through our partnership with HokiePrint!
All student organizations and students looking to get involved are welcomed to The Source! Email us with any questions at TheSource@vt.edu.
The Source is your destination for productivity!
- Presentation Review Platform
- Button Design Station (Bring your designs pre-printed or send them to TheSource@vt.edu)
- 2 Conference Spaces for exec meetings, committee meetings, or an entire organization meeting if your org is small!
- Banner Creation Station
- Ad Beam (Bring us posters, fliers and brochures to display!)
- Balloon Arrangement Station
- 3 Computer Stations (All complete with Adobe Creative Suite software)
What else would you like to see in The Source? We want to hear from you! Share your thoughts and suggestions at TheSource@vt.edu!
We welcome any student org member to utilize our services such as Adobe Creative suite, committee meeting space, and the presentation revision space. However, there are guidelines for product usage. Here’s what you need to know:
- Each student organization has 1000 points to allocate towards products such as buttons, banners, and balloons.
- In order to use the points a member of the organization MUST be on their organization’s Business Profile which can be found in GobblerConnect (5 people max per org). You can update your business profile anytime throughout the year.
- At the end of each month The Source will be able to update you on your balance.
- You cannot purchase more points. The goal is to keep this space & its resources free of charge!
Stop by The Source to learn more about how to maximize your points for the year!
Thanks to our partnership with the new on-campus print shop, Hokie Print (located in the Lobby of Squires) we are able to offer all of our registered student organizations amazing discounts!
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Source does not do in-house printing. You will not print your fliers, brochures, and other materials with us.
- However, if you want to use your student organization discount THEN you will need to send your design to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a verification message to Hokie Print confirming that your organization is eligible for the special discount.
- Your student org discount only applies to small format printing (i.e. between 8.5x11” and 11x17” paper). The discount does not apply to large format print jobs (e.g. banners, a-frames, life size cut outs). Please contact Hokie Print directly for these requests.
**Please note, the Hokie Print discount is different from The Source product points which means you will have to pay for the copies you make.
- Hokie Print only accepts payment via Hokie Passport. They can print a receipt in case your organization needs proof of purchase for a reimbursement.
Come see us in The Source for more information!
Engagement Ambassadors not only help staff The Source, the ambassadors are the key members of our engagement team, assisting in strategic planning and marketing, leadership development and facilitation, and content management in order to enhance the student involvement experience.
If you would like to apply for this position click here or visit jobs.vt.edu. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Chatrice Barnes, Asst. Director for Student Orgs and Leadership Development, at email@example.com
We are no longer reviewing applications for the fall. However we will be accepting applications on a rolling basis. If you thrive within a team and individually, have the ability to ability to learn as well as teach, and understands the value of diversity and inclusion please consider applying!
The Source Fall Hours
- Monday: 12pm–3pm and 5pm–8pm
- Tuesday: 11am-4pm
- Wednesday: 12pm-3pm and 5pm-8pm
- Thursday: 11am-4pm
- Friday: 11am-2pm
- Weekends: CLOSED