The Event Planning Office, located in 221 Squires Student Center, is your first step in planning an event in any of the following locations:
- Squires Student Center
- Johnston Student Center
- War Memorial Chapel
- Burruss Hall Auditorium
- Graduate Life Center
- Public Space on campus
- Advertising locations for A-Frames, and Banners located in Squires Student Center
Come visit us, call us at 540-231-5005, or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to helping you plan your next event!
Want to know more about what Event Planning does? Check out the bullets below:
- The Event Planning Office processes over 24,000 events per year in Student Engagement and Campus Life managed campus spaces, including meeting rooms, major venues, and campus public spaces (including outdoor spaces, atriums and lobbies in academic facilities, parking lots, residential quads and lawns, A-frame spaces, and banners spaces)
- Serve as a consultants and planning advisors to organizations planning events, and process reservation requests for Student Engagement and Campus Life managed campus spaces, as well as booking basic audio-visual equipment and program support equipment such as tables, chairs, and linens
- Advise clients (student organizations, University departments, and non-University external groups) on the concepts of advance planning, coordinating logistics, delegating authority, budgeting, and the multiple facets of the university event planning process
- Coordinate the processing of requests for approval of events that include any liability concerns with Grounds/Facilities, University Police, Physical Plant, Parking Services, Risk Management and other university support offices, as well as local, county and state agencies.
- Coordinate set-up and equipment requirements with other campus & local agencies (e.g., catering) that are providing services for events to assure they understand and adhere to Student Engagement and Campus Life guidelines and that the appropriate preparation is made for their arrival & access to the facility
- Coordinate and manage the Advance Reservation process for all major venues and associated spaces, including outdoor spaces, for the next academic year, using the University Planning Calendar, the Academic calendar, the Virginia Tech Football schedule.
Event Planning (0138)
221 Squires Student Center
290 College Avenue
Blacksburg, VA 24061
For public space forms: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Event Planning Advisor
Event Planning Administrative Associate
Specialization: Career Recruiters