Virginia Tech is looking to hire dynamic and diverse candidates to fill a variety of faculty and staff positions. Apply now and start your future today.
- Gather all documents needed to complete the application process before starting. Suggested information includes your complete education history, references, employment information, and any electronic documents you plan to attach to your application.
- Go to the Jobs at VT website and notice the "Search Open Positions" section in the right side bar. Select the category that best applies to the type of position you are searching for.
- From the search results page, select "Search Postings" from the menu on the left side of the screen. Select "Student Engagement and Campus Life" from the department drop-down menu and click"Search."
- To view a job posting, select "View" and then "Apply for Posting" if you wish to apply for the position.
- If you are a new user, select "Create Application" on the left side and complete your electronic application. Your application will be stored in a secure environment and will be accessible for future job interests. Once your application is complete, you must then apply for a particular opening to be considered.
Note: The more information you provide on your application, the easier it will be to effectively evaluate your skills, abilities, and qualifications. Attaching a resume does not substitute for completing the application form (both must be completed to be considered for employment).
- Managing your Application
When creating your application, you must choose a unique user name and password. Use this log-in to view the status of your application, update applications, or withdraw from consideration. Once you submit an application you will receive a confirmation number and you will not be able to make further changes to your application for that position. If you have questions about employment, call Human Resources at 540-231-6207 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation. Individuals desiring accommodations in the application process are requested to call Virginia Tech Personnel Services at 540-231-5301, or 711 for individuals with hearing or speech limitations.